Skip to Content

Hello, welcome to STV. Login or create a new account

Array

Michelle McManus joins The Hour on a permanent basis

Wed 30 Sep 2009 13:30

6 comments

Email Share

Bubbly Scottish television presenter and singer, Michelle McManus, is joining The Hour on a regular basis.

Michelle has been a guest presenter on the show on a number of occasions, making her debut earlier in the year alongside regular host Stephen Jardine.

The programme of varied co-hosts has seen a number of well-known faces including Lulu, Aggie MacKenzie, Jenni Falconer, Dorothy Paul, Carole Smillie and Michelle Mone, take their place beside Stephen.

Now Michelle is taking on the role on a permanent basis, which will see her get stuck into the show’s exciting features and interviews. She will also co-host alongside a number of fantastic guest presenters when Stephen Jardine is away from the show.

And the former Pop Idol winner can’t wait to take on her new role. She said: “I absolutely loved being a guest presenter, so it was a real honour to be asked back to join the team. Stephen and I get on really well both on and off camera, and I think that comes across on the show. I can’t wait to get back in the studio on Monday - we have lots of exciting guests and features planned, so it will be a great week all round!

“You never know what’s going to happen with live television and I love that buzz every single day – it’s a fantastic feeling, I’ve met so many interesting people in my previous weeks and I’m really looking forward to joining Stephen and the team for what I’m sure will be a fantastic new challenge.”

Stephen Jardine, Michelle’s new co-host, is also thrilled with the appointment. He said: “Michelle is a great presenter and an absolute natural in front of the camera. She’s been a real hit with our viewers in the past, and I look forward to welcoming her back on the sofa next week.”

Michelle’s first week on the programme, which commences on October 5, will be a double celebration too as The Hour marks its 100th show that week too.

Email Share

Comments

There are 6 comments

You need to be logged in to comment.

Don't have a mySTV account? Create one now it's easy

1. Avatar for sanben
    1. 30 September 2009 20:13
    sanben said

what great news for the viewers, Michelle was great as a guest and I and my husband thoroughly enjoyed the show,both the male and michelle really rub along very well,I'm glad to see there is life beyond POP IDOL,go girl.

2. Avatar for sanben
    2. 30 September 2009 20:13
    sanben said

3. Default avatar
    3. 01 October 2009 10:57
    pebbles53 said

Don't usually comment, thank goodness, she is a natural (way to go) keep up the chemistry the show will go on looking forward to watching it.

4. Default avatar
    4. 01 October 2009 11:31
    mags6 said

this is great news. I think Michelle is a natural and she will be very well liked in the show. Looking forward to Monday

5. Default avatar
    5. 01 October 2009 14:40
    Donaidh said

Go go girl .....your a credit to Scotland. Looking forward to seeing you on a permanent basis.

6. Default avatar
    6. 02 October 2009 21:07
    marsbar said

Very well done Michelle-I've said from the very first time you were guesting on the show that you were terrific-a real natural. You and Stephen gel very well together too, which is what it's all about. Delighted for you-another string to your bow. You're a great singer too-gaun yersell! Evelyn

You need to be logged in to comment.

Don't have a mySTV account? Create one now it's easy

Posts are not actively monitored by STV. The views expressed are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of STV.

Array