Skip to Content
This Father’s Day flowers may not be the first thing you think of, but florist to the stars Nick Priestly has a great idea for a gift that is both manly and fun: A mini golf course.
While you may not have room for the full 18-holes, this great wee gift is easy to make, with just moss, sand, a flat dish, a flag and a golf ball. It’s so easy, in fact, you can get the kids involved.
1. Place bun moss or turf in the middle of the dish. This will be your green.
2. Squeeze a heather plant in the back.
3. Using excess moss or turf, fill in the edges to represent the rough.
4. For the bunkers, pour sand onto the side of the green. This will be available from your garden centre, florist or the beach.
5. Cut a triangle out of red card and attach it to a cane for the flag.
6. Finally, push a golf tee into the green and sit the ball on top.