Skip to Content
Glasgow’s premiere florist Mood Flowers decorate The Hour’s studio each week with a stunning floral look to brighten up the studio.
This week’s look focuses heliconia oriole, their bright orange colour and sharp shape will give any room a bold statement and provide maximum impact.
• Two heliconia oriole
• Two aspidistra leaves
• Two strelizia leaves
• Four tenax leaves
• One block floral foam
• One cube vase (15 cm)
1. Soak floral foam in a bowl of water.
2. Cut stems off aspidistra leaves and place in the cube vase.
3. Once the floral foam is soaked, cut to size and place inside vase aspidistra leaves.
4. Cut strelizia leaves to desired length and place into floral foam at back of arrangement.
5. Cut two tenax leaves to size and push in directly in front of strelizia leaves.
6. Cut heliconia to size and push into floral foam at different heights.
7. Cut final two tenax leaves to size and push into foam at front of arrangement.
CREATE FRESH FLORAL LOOKS
• Week one: grand prix and amalia roses
• Week two: stunning blue hydrangea with the ruby red gerbera
For more information on flowers visit The Hour’s home and garden section or follow Nick on Twitter @NickPriestly