Skip to Content
The Hour's game show, What’s on the Box?, continues this Friday, when two lucky callers will battle it out to win fantastic prizes.
All they need to do is answer questions about items that have been featured on the show and the winner picks up a great reward!
If neither caller manages to answer the questions correctly then the prize will roll over to the next week, when more viewers can have a go.
If you’re planning to take part, please read the terms and conditions of the competition first. Please also read the rules of the game.
Terms & Conditions
1. Unless stated on The Hour all contestants must be over the age of 18.
2. Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of STV, Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ or any other person who is directly connected with any of the prize providers is ineligible to participate.
Entering the Competition
3. Unless otherwise stated on The Hour, the game will be played every Friday
4. Details of how to play the game, when the lines open and when the lines close will be announced every Friday on the programme.
5. Viewers must have read the Terms and Conditions before calling to enter the competition.
6. All calls to enter the game must be made to STV after the telephone lines are announced as open and before the telephone lines are announced as closed during “The Hour” programme.
7. Unless otherwise stated on The Hour the telephone number to enter the competition is 0800 959 6161 – Calls cost 10 pence per minute from BT lines. Calls from other networks and from mobiles may vary and can cost a lot more. Contact your provider for details.
8. Entrants must confirm when calling the show to enter the competition, that they wish to play ‘What’s on the box’ and that they have read and understood the Game Rules and the Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
9. Unless otherwise stated on The Hour, contestants will be the first two eligible calls received to the show at the advertised time and after the lines are open.
10. The lines will close once two eligible contestants have been identified and viewers will be notified during the programme.
11. Calls made after the line closure announcement is made will not be considered but you will still be charged and no refund will be made.
12. Callers will be required to leave their name, telephone number and confirm that they are over 18 on an answering machine – and by entering the competition, callers agree that all personal details disclosed to STV are correct. You must not mislead STV regarding your identity or about any other facts or information provided by you.
13. Personal details will be checked by a member of STV production team who will call back, the first two eligible callers before the game commences.
14. STV will retain your name, telephone number and the winner’s address for a period of three months after first broadcast on STV.
15. By entering the competition all contestants consent to their name and telephone conversation being broadcast live on The Hour.
16. By entering the competition all contestants consent to be used in publicity and promotions of the The Hour.
Playing the Game
17. The first contestant will be the first eligible caller to the Hour, the second contestant will be the second eligible caller to The Hour and will be required to stay on the line for the duration of the game.
18. In the event that either caller disconnects their call during the game, they will be deemed to have withdrawn from the game. If the first caller terminates their call then the second caller will automatically take over the game. If the second caller disconnects their call, the game will end immediately and no prizes will be awarded.
19. All entrants must abide by STV’s code of conduct , as communicated to them by the production team upon selection, whilst appearing on STV.
20. Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct will result in immediate disqualification.
21. All entrants hereby acknowledge that all and any prizes will be sent by STV. These prize donors will be responsible for providing them to the winner.
22. STV will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons including without limitation to any third party including those third parties who are providing the competition prizes.
23. Prizes are provided to The Hour by a third party who is liability for the delivery of these.
24. Terms and conditions of use of these prizes are with the third party not STV or The Hour, however in the unlikely event that a prize becomes unavailable a comparable substitute will be offered.
25. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative to any of the prizes will be offered.
26. Prizes will be delivered within 28 days, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed with you.
27. STV reserve the right to disqualify entrants who breach STV’s code of conduct.
28. STV reserve the right to alter or amend the rules of the competition at any time or suspend or cancel the competition at anytime. Notice of any changes will be communicated prior to commencement of the game.
29. All decisions will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
30. These terms and conditions are governed by the law of Scotland.