Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
Most of us are probably turning to stodgier, hearty food as autumn gets under way, but if you fancy keeping the summer vibe alive that little bit longer, this tasty salad is the perfect dish to serve up.
Made with a tasty combination of ClemenGolds, watercress, beetroot and goats cheese, this salad is fresh and zesty.
ClemenGold is a wonderfully sweet, easy-peeling citrus fruit which adds a vibrant colour to the dish as well as juicy flavour.
If you fancy checking out chef and author Sophie Michell’s recipe, you can find it below.
Roast beetroot, ClemenGold and goat's cheese salad
Ingredients for the salad:
• Salad lettuce leaves
• 1 head of fennel
• 1 bunch of watercress, washed and trimmed
• 4 medium sized, ready-cooked beetroots
• 3 ClemenGolds
• 300g of soft rind-less goat’s cheese
• Sea salt and black pepper to season
Ingredients for the dressing:
• 1 ClemenGold
• 25ml white wine vinegar
• 75ml extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp of finely chopped chives
1.For the dressing, zest and juice the ClemenGold into a small saucepan, add the vinegar, bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Then take off the heat, cool completely, add the olive oil and chives
2. For the salad, take the lettuce leaves, trim and slice the fennel as thinly as possible, then mix with the dressing and the watercress
3. Slice the beetroot into six and peel the 4 ClemenGolds, then slice through the middle, to get lovely flower like slices
4. To serve, plate up a pile of the leaves and fennel and top with the beetroot and ClemenGolds, then crumble over the goat’s cheese