Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
This salmon dish with seasonal vegetables is ideal for a summer’s evening dining with friends.
Perfectly seared salmon served alongside a new potato, green bean and chorizo salad. Drizzled with a toasty garlic – balsamic vinegar dressing.
• Two salmon fillets
• 250g new potatoes
• 100g green beans
• Half a red onion finely sliced
• 10 thin slices chorizo
• Handful cherry tomatoes
• Handful rocket
• One lemon
• Oil to fry
• Salt and pepper
• Four tablespoon olive oil
• Two garlic cloves finely sliced
• Two tbsp balsamic dressing
1. Boil new potatoes in lightly salted water, add green beans for final two minutes of cooking, drain and rest until cool enough to hand then half the potatoes.
2. Heat oil in non stick pan until smokey, add salmon flesh side down and fry for 30 seconds, turn and fry for a further 30 seconds skin side down, pop in to hot even for five minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in same pan as salmon; add chorizo, garlic and potatoes, sauté for two to three minutes.
4. Slice red onion and tomato; add to a bowl with rocket leaves, chopped mint and capers.
5. Splash vinegar into chorizo pan and mix well, tip mix into salad bowl mix well.
6. Place portion of salad on plate and top with salmon.
FISH OF THE DAY: