Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday and there’s no better way to show your mum you care than by making a delicious dinner.
Celebrity chef Nick Nairn has shared his recipe for this really tasty dish of roast rump of Scottish lamb with mash, which is guaranteed to go down a treat. If you’d like to try making the meal, check out the recipe below.
Ingredients for the lamb:
• Rump of Lamb - 4 x 170g pieces
• 15g knob of butter
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Sprig of thyme
• 120g of peas
• 160g of broad beans
• 4 spring onions
• 15g of chopped Mint
Ingredients for the mash:
• 400g of potatoes
• 50ml of double cream
• 25g of butter
• Salt and pepper
1. Remove lamb from the fridge and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a medium frying pan, add olive oil and seal the lamb, add a knob of butter, bashed garlic and a sprig of thyme. Pop into the oven and cook at 170?c for 6-8 minutes. Whilst the lamb is cooking remember to baste it with the pan juices.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until soft and then mash. Add a little double cream, butter and seasoning.
4. Remove the lamb from the pan and rest for 3-4 minutes.
5. Blanch the peas and broad beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes and then drain.
6. Melt the butter and cook the spring onions, don’t allow them to colour. Add the drained peas and broad beans and season, lastly add in the chopped mint.
7. Take the lamb and cut it into three, place a spoon of mash onto the plate, add the peas and top them with the sliced lamb. Spoon gravy onto plate and serve.