Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
We all need a treat every now and again and these homemade banoffee muffins from the queen of all things homemade, Kirstie Allsopp, are just the thing to perk you up.
Packed with banana as well as gorgeous caramel swirls, these delightfully soft, sticky and sweet banana muffins are not only the perfect after-school treat on occasion, but are also ideal for a coffee morning with friends. What’s more, they are really easy to make!
Share them with your family and friends and be sure to save one for yourself as they won’t last long. Preparation time is 10 minutes and cooking time is 20 minutes.
Ingredients (for 12 large muffins):
• 275g (10oz) self-raising flour
• 1tsp baking powder
• 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 eggs
• 150ml (¼ pt) milk
• 5tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 397g can of Carnation Caramel
• 100g (3½oz) chopped pecan nuts (optional)
You will also need:
• 12 hole muffin tin and muffin cases
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F or Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, without beating.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the caramel into the mixture, gently swirl through, but don’t mix it in – it’s nice to see little pockets of caramel bubbles in the finished muffins.
5. Place muffin cases in the tin and spoon the mixture into the cases until quite full. Top with the chopped pecan nuts, if using.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and eat fresh and warm.
These muffins are delicious straight from the oven – perk them up the next day by microwaving for 10 seconds to warm the caramel.