Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
Scottish chef Sue Lawrence’s recipe combines soft raspberry muffins with a delicious crumbly cinnamon topping. Perfect served warm with afternoon tea or on there own as a treat or two.
• 150 g butter, melted, cooled a little
• Two heaped tbsp golden caster sugar
• Two large eggs, beaten
• 175 ml milk
• Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
• 250 g self raising flour, sifted
• 250 g raspberries)
• 40g plain flour
• Two tbsp light muscovado sugar
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
• 40g butter, diced
1. Place the first five ingredients in a bowl, add the flour and gently stir, then fold in the berries, taking care not to bash them up.
2. For the crumble topping, mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Rub in the butter until you have dampish crumbs.
3. Spoon the bramble mixture into 12 muffin cases in a bun tin.
4. Sprinkle over some crumble mixture.
5. Bake at 200C / 400F / Gas 6 for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Eat warm.
• Kids time: fairy cakes and ginger biscuits
• Sex and the city style cupcakes
• Dundee cake