Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
There are lots of BBQ recipes out there but not so many tasty dessert ideas, so today chef Eadie Manson is showing how to whip up a really easy sweet treat for after your main meal.
Eadie’s recipe for roasted apples in a tinfoil pouch calls for the use of brown sugar and honey, which gives a lovely sweet, caramelised flavour.
He’s making the special sweet live at the Royal Highland Show today (June 24), to prove just how easy it is to make.
The full ingredient list (all ingredients have been sourced from Lidl) and the method can be found below if you fancy trying the dessert.
• Granny Smith apples
• 25g butter
• 3 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp honey
1. Using tin foil tear off a piece about A4 size
2. Peel, core and cut the apples into wedges
3. Add the diced butter, drizzle over the honey and brown sugar
4. Tear off another sheet and place on the top, fold over to create a pouch
5. Place on the barbeque and steam for about 5 minutes on each side, and turn over for another 5 minutes
6. When cooked remove from the barbeque and place on the plate. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
THE APPLE OF MY EYE: