Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
Sue Lawrence celebrates berry season with this strawberry cheesecake. Easy to make and so delicious you’ll have no problems finishing it off.
Ideal served to finish of a summer evening meal or with afternoon tea in the garden.
• 75g butter, melted
• 225 g digestives, crushed
• 200g cream cheese ( light)
• 500g mascarpone
• 125g caster sugar
• Four large eggs
• Grated zest 1 orange
• 150 ml double cream
• One tsp vanilla extract
• 200g strawberries + extra to decorate
• One - two tbsp icing sugar, sifted
1. Combine butter and biscuits, press into tin.
2. Place next five ingredients in food mixer and beat till smooth then add cream and vanilla extract
3. Mash strawberries, add icing sugar and push thro sieve.
4. Place creamy mixture into biscuit base and drizzle over the strawberry puree.Bake at 150C for an hour then leave in oven which is switched off to cool.
5. Serve decorated with extra berries and single cream
• Start with a tasty spring soup
• British asparagus, bacon and soft boiled egg salad for main
• Enjoy with a selection of summer blush wines