Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
The Royal wedding is just eight days away and anyone planning to have a little soiree of their own to celebrate the nuptials will be on the lookout for delicious dishes to serve.
Renowned Scottish chef Sue Lawrence thinks she’s got just the thing for a Royal couple – chocolate fridge cake fit for a prince or princess.
Made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, mini marshmallows and desiccated coconut, as well as fudge and white chocolate pieces, we’d need to agree with her on this one!
If you fancy trying out Sue’s cake, the recipe and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
• 175g butter
• 2 heaped tbsp golden syrup
• 200g quality dark chocolate
• 50g quality milk chocolate
• 300g Rich Tea biscuits
• 75g mini marshmallows
• 50g desiccated coconut
• Approximately 125g fudge bits, honeycomb bits, white chocolate bits etc
Ingredients to decorate
• White chocolate bits and mini marshmallows
• 50g quality milk chocolate, to drizzle
1. Melt the butter, syrup and the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (or in a heavy saucepan over a very low heat) then stir until smooth
2. Crush the biscuits, but leaving some slightly largish chunks (Sue uses the “pulse” button on her food processor for this) then tip into the melted mixture with the marshmallows, coconut and other bits and pieces you’ve picked
3. Once well combined, tip into a 23cm/9 in lightly buttered square cake tin, pressing down
4. To decorate, top with white chocolate and marshmallows. Melt the milk chocolates and drizzle over then cool. Once set, cut into squares