Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth, these carrot cake muffins from baker Sharyl Brown will be right up your street.
Made with ingredients including carrot, cinnamon and brown sugar, these tasty treats, which are sweet but also have a lovely slightly spiced flavour, are sure to hit the mark.
The muffins are a perfect size for serving at parties – and are especially suitable if you’re planning to throw your very own street party this month to celebrate the Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton!
If you’d like to try them out, the recipe and the step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Ingredients for the muffins (makes 12):
• 1 ½ cups grated carrot
• ¼ cup oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup soft dark brown sugar
• 1 cup of self raising flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ingredients for the icing
• 400g icing sugar
• 200g soft cream cheese
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Place in cup cake cases in muffin tin bake in oven at 160c for 30-35 minutes.
3. Allow to cool on wire rack
4. Beat cream cheese, add icing sugar and mix until smooth and thick
5. Pipe or spread onto of cupcakes
FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD: