Skip to Content
Get this recipe on it now
Mother’s Day is at the weekend so baker Sharyl Brown is showing how to make a delicious cookie box, which is a perfect gift for sweet-toothed mums.
The cookies are made with a mixture of white, milk and plain chocolate, dusted off with cocoa powder, so they are the ideal naughty treat this Sunday.
They aren’t hard to make and mums are sure to appreciate the effort you’ve gone to. The recipe can be found below along with easy-to-follow instructions.
• 175g self raising flour
• 30g cocoa powder
• 50g unsalted butter
• 115g caster sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 150g white chocolate
• 150g milk chocolate
• 100g plain chocolate
• Cocoa powder for dusting
• Whole almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven 180c and grease baking trays
2. Using a food processor blend the flour, cocoa powder and butter and blend together
3. Add the sugar, eggs and mix until a smooth dough
4. On a floured surface knead the dough gently. Cut the dough in half and roll out each piece under the palms of your hands to form two long logs each approximately 30cm long
5. Cut each log into 1cm width slices and place them on the baking trays slightly apart chill for 30 minutes
6. Bake for about 10minutes until slightly risen and cool on wire rack
7. To decorate melt each chocolate in separate bowls. Divide cookies into six batches, Use a fork dip cookies into the milk chocolate and coat completely and place on baking parchment
8. Take the next batch and half dip them in the milk chocolate and place on baking parchment. Repeat for the rest of batches and chocolates.
9. Place a whole almond on top of the dark chocolate cookies
10. Place the remaining white chocolate into a plastic bag squeeze into corner and snip the tip off. Drizzle lines over the milk chocolate cookies
11. Dust the white chocolate cookies with cocoa powder
12. Once chocolate has set, arrange decorated cookies in boxes with tissue paper
FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD: