Skip to Content
• 4 small slices crusty white bread
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 80 grams gruyere
• 4 slices ham
• pinch fresh thyme
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 25 grams butter
1. Spread 2 of the slices of bread with the mustard; spread half the cheese between the 2 slices of bread.
2. Put 2 slices of ham on each slices and the thyme leaves. Top with the remaining cheese. Place the other piece of bread on top.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a pan until the butter is foaming, add the sandwiches, cook until the bread turns golden and carefully turn over and do the same for the other side.
4. Transfer to a tray and place in the oven at 180c/Gas 4 for approx. 5 mins or until the cheese is just melted.
5. Remove, cut in half and eat straight away!