Skip to Content
For more information on well-being, depression, anxiety, stress etc and classes to help you learn new skills / enjoy social activities, plus information on jobs, visit the links below.
• General Health Information: www.nhsinform.co.uk
• Breathing Space: www.breathingspacescotland.co.uk
• Depression: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/d/depression/introduction
• Blood pressure: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/b/blood-pressure-high/introduction
• Steps to help combat stress: www.stepsforstress.org/make-me-happier/expert-tips
• Symptoms of stress: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/s/stress/symptoms.
• Treating stress: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/s/stress/treatment
• Causes of stress: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/s/stress/causes
• Diagnosing anxiety: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/a/anxiety/diagnosis
• Treating anxiety: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/a/anxiety/treatment
• Causes of anxiety: www.nhsinform.co.uk/health-library/articles/a/anxiety/causes
• British Association for Counselling: www.bacp.co.uk
• Counselling in Scotland: www.cosca.org.uk
• Mental Health Foundation: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
• National Institute of Mental Health: www.nimh.nih.gov
• Triumph Over Phobia: www.topuk.org
• Make Me Happier – information and advice from the STV series: programmes.stv.tv/make-me-happier
• About Doctor Alex Yellowlees: www.alexyellowlees.com
• The Priory Glasgow: www.prioryhealthcare.com
• Take up a craft - More information at Craft Scotland: www.craftscotland.org
• Knitting is in! Find out about classes here: www.glasgowmet.ac.uk/knitting
• STV Jobs: jobs.stv.tv
• myjobscotland: www.myjobscotland.gov.uk
• Career Scotland: www.careers-scotland.org.uk
*Before following any dietary or exercise plans, please read the following information.
Always consult your doctor before beginning any weight loss, nutrition or exercise program. Use of any health program, advice and information contained on STV’s New Year New You site, is at the sole choice and risk of the viewer. STV offers no warranties or guarantees in respect of the New Year New You content.
In no way shall STV or any persons associated with New Year New You be held responsible for any injury, side effects, disorders resulting from the advice and information given as part of The New Year New You campaign.