Video will display here shortly...
14 June 2010, 09:30
• 250 grams plain flour
• 125 grams butter
• pinch salt
• 3-4 tablespoons of water
• 1 egg, beaten
• 200 grams skirt steak, finely chopped
• ½ onion, chopped
• 1 potato, finely diced
• 85 grams turnip, diced
• pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughrly combined, season.
2. Roll the pastry out until the pastry is about ½ cm thick, cut with a small plate to trim the pasty.
3. Add a quarter of the filling in the centre of the circle, brush around the edge with some of the beaten egg. Lift up the edges so they meet in the middle and crimp the seal all around the filling making sure to enclose the filling.
4. Place on a greased tray and brush with the egg wash. Place in the oven at 200c/Gas 6 for the first 10 mins then turn down to 160c/Gas 4 and cook for a further 35 -40 mins until golden.
5. Serve hot or cold.
Last updated: 24 May 2011, 17:07