Video will display here shortly...
08 October 2009, 12:04
Café Gandolfi’s Seumas MacInnes is well known for creating really delicious dishes and here he demonstrates how to make one of his favourites. If you like food that really packs a punch, then try this one out.
Gratin of tiger prawns with chilli and cheese
* 200g Raw tiger prawns
* 2-3 chopped spring onions
* 2 cloves crushed garlic
* 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
* 280ml double cream
* 75g of grated Gruyere cheese
* Juice of 1 lime
* Salt and pepper
1. Place the prawns in a bowl with the lime juice
2. At this point put your grill on its highest setting. Divide the garlic, chilli and spring onions into four ramekins and then place the drained prawns on top
3. Season everything and top with the double cream and gruyere cheese
4. Put the ramekins on a baking tray and place under the grill for 5 minutes until the prawns are pink and the cheese is golden brown
Why not check out other Café Gandolfi recipes from Seumas? His tasty Hebridean Boulangerie Potatoes dish is great for Sunday dinners, and the Arbroath Smokies, the Stornoway Black Pudding with pancakes and mushrooms and the Cullen Skink are all great Scottish classics.
Visit The Hour website for more recipes
Last updated: 14 October 2009, 22:32